Moderator: Spectrum Strike Force
- Keeping the forum clean, so people will be able to browse freely and easily between each topics.
- Keeping it civilized and respectful, so every participant will feel comfortable within the community.
- Keeping it on topic, so it will be used strictly for discussions on the subjects it was created for.
- Keeping the fun and interest of everyone, members or visitors, so they will come back again, and continue to participate!
To that effect, the administration reserves the right to edit or delete messages that are deemed offensive or extraneous, in accordance with the following rules:
1. When applying for membership to this forum, fill in the required boxes. Not all the boxes need to be filled in. If you add a website address, make sure this address is correct. If the address should refer to the following:
- non-existent page (check your address carefully);
- generic address (search page(s) of any kind);
- publicity pages;
- porn pages;
- virus infected pages;
- spam pages
Your membership will be automatically denied and/or revoked, without any warning. The administration MIGHT make an exception for the non-existent page or generic page, because of the risk of spelling error, but MAKE SURE to put the right address as soon as you can, or the link will be removed.
2. You are allowed to create discussions and post any messages you want on topics related to ‘Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons’, or, by extension, other Supermarionation or Gerry and Sylvia Anderson series. The ‘Captain Scarlet’ category takes priority as this is, mostly, a Captain Scarlet related site. Try to keep your message clear and meaningful, if possible, without posting a message that would clearly be impossible to answer.
3. Spellcheck your text. The forum provides you with an online spellchecker if you need it.
4. Post your messages in the right board, and in the right topic, if it exists, or create a new topic if the subject you want to debate is absent. Whenever possible, check if the subject is not yet in use before creating a topic that duplicates the same subject. It is not a major offence, but simply, by this method, we will be able to keep the forum clear for every participant, member or not, who would wish to find information on any given subject.
5. Considering the growing danger that has emerged recently online, it would be appreciated if you don’t ask for personal information from a participant on the forum. If you are a member, you may use the instant message option for more privacy to contact another member, if you like, but there is no guarantee this person will answer personal questions.
6. Keep respectful to all participants. Everybody has a right to his/her opinion. No provocative posts designed to offend or overwhelm are allowed. If you feel offended by a participant, contact the administrator or the moderators. Don’t try to settle the problem yourself, leave it to us. Messages that seem to be offensive will be edited to remove the offensive part, or deleted entirely. Warnings will be issued, if necessary.
7. The forum is not a chat. Its use is strictly limited to discussions or debates on subjects related to ‘Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons’, or by extension, other Supermarionation or Gerry and Sylvia Anderson series. The occasional banter is certainly allowed, and does not constitute a major offence, but don’t overdo it. For chatting, we recommend that you make use of the “Off-Duty Lounge” board, or personal instant messengers instead.
8. There is a Technical Questions board where people can post questions about problems with the forum or website.
9. Not allowed are posts with one word or smiley(s) alone, which are meaningless in a discussion. Those posts will be removed.
10. Don’t ask to become a moderator. Only the administrators and present moderators may take that decision, and may do so following a strict study of the possible candidate’s needed qualities for this position. Note that, aside from the administrators and moderators, as they have higher responsibilities on the forum, everyone is treated the same.
11. No forum RPG or role playing games, or forum fan fiction are allowed outside the designated boards.
12. Have a good time.
- Posts: 1699
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am
- Location: Canada
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest