Spectrum's Christmas Captions

A COLLECTION OF CAPTIONS TAKEN FROM THE SPECTRUM HEADQUARTERS FORUM

COMPILED FOR THE 2012 CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE

 

 

The following montages have been created throughout the years as illustrations to the Spectrum Headquarters pages for the Christmas Challenge.  They also were used as subject for ‘Captions Games’ during the Christmas season, on the Spectrum Headquarters Forum, where forum members were invited to participate in writing what captions these images inspired in them, all in the spirit of fun.

 

You are now able to enjoy all of these captions, reunited for you on this page, along with new captions that some of our Forum members came up with just before posting. 

 

We wish to thank everyone for their contributions throughout the years!

 

Chris Bishop

                    

 

 

SANTA SCARLET CHECKING HIS LIST

(Montage by Chris Bishop, December 2008)

Rhapsody {singing}: All I want for christmas, is you...

MMK, Dec. 6, 2008.

"Now let's see... The Cloudbase model for the colonel, Symphony's getting the Blue doll... DVDs for Rhapsody... SPV for Green, who still wants to get to drive the real thing...
....
How does Santa expect me to get this Captain Black figure to Captain Black himself without getting myself killed?!" :shock:

Chris Bishop, December 6, 2008

"Right... this lot should keep Rose occupied... for a little while..."

MMK, December 6, 2008

"Right...
DVDs for Adam. Check.
Toy Cloudbase for Seymour. Check.
Scooter for Patrick. Check.
One helluva big Christmas tree for the Colonel...check..."

Serena Lewis, December 6, 2008

Somebody's been in the eggnog!

TRK, December 7. 2008

Captain Scarlet: "Look, Santa, I said last time that it was the last time - you can't keep taking the year off because you feel like it."

Rhapsody Angel:  "Paul, look - it's all our merchandise." :-D

Captain Scarlet:  "Oh, very funny, Santa.  You won't win me over that way."

Rhapsody Angel (hits him):  "Stop being such a Scrooge."

Captain Indigo, December 7, 2008

 

 

 

 

"Right, that's it for the 'fun' presents; the rest of the sack is filled with Ochre's gift... coal..."

Mary J. Rudy, December 8, 2008

 

Scarlet/Santa reading the list:
"Dear Santa, next year can I have some Star Wars gear instead of all the usual captain Scarlet stuff you've been offloading on me for the past forty years?
Love, Colonel White"

Shade, December 13, 2008

Captain Scarlet: "Since when the bloody hell did I become Father Christmas?"

Parker Gabriel, Decemb 17, 2008

 

"I get to find out what everybody gets before the rightful recipients do!" *evil laugh* "Now, what has Santa left for me this year?" *searches for his name* "What?! He's not put me on the list?" *checks the 'naughty list'* "Uh oh..."

MMK, December 18, 2008

 

 

ADDITIONAL CAPTION:

 

Scarlet: “I’m glad I kept that ‘Minimizer’, otherwise I’d never have got this lot in the sack.”

Blue (in a squeaky voice from the sack): “Scarlet, just you wait till I get to my right size, and I get my hands on you…”

Carrie, Jan 23rd,  2013

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SANTA'S ANGELS

(Montage by Hazel Köhler, December 2003)

Santa had decided to give the reindeer the night off... even though they only work one night per year.

MMK, December 24, 2008

 

 

 

The Reindeer (Society, Parliament, Council and Agency) had finally caught up with Santa - for making the reindeer fly long distances at such speed (therefore he manages to deliver all the presents in one night)

MMK, December 24, 2008

 

 

The Angels were paying the price for Scarlet's latest crash - SPJ vs Rudolph...

Captain Indigo, December 25, 2008

Director:  "Hold on, hold on...the Angels were supposed to tell the sheperds to look for Jesus, not pull the sleigh! What happened to the reindeer? Don't tell me we got this the wrong way round..." *realisation dawns* "...oh, boy..."

Serena Lewis, December 25, 2008

Aw, even the Mysterons are getting into the Christmas spirit! Look, they're helping push the sleigh!

TRK, December 25, 2008

Santa: "Faster Destiny! Symphony! Rhapsody! They're gaining on us!"

MMK, December 25, 2008

"On the fifth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me
Two green rings..."

Hazel Köhler, December 25, 2008

At first the Angels thought Santa had enjoyed a bit too much of Mrs. Claus' baked bean casserole but then they saw the "smoke rings" were green...

Mary J. Rudy, December 25, 2008

 

Hark, the incensed Angels sing:
Why’ve we got to pull this thing?
Don’t you know, it wasn’t us
Scared the reindeers and caused a fuss.
Captain Scarlet is the one
Who frightened them with his big gun;
Now we’re flying double speed
To help in Santa’s hour of need.
Hark! the incensed Angels sing:
Why’ve we got to pull this thing?

Marion Woods,  January 26, 2009

Santa: "Look at the stars! They're bright tonight....
Angels: This is not the time to be sight-seeing!"

MMK, January 26, 2009

 

 
ADDITIONAL CAPTIONS:

Destiny: “So, tell me again, why am I hauling this all from the front?”

Melody: “Because you drank all the champagne last night, Honey, and your nose is the reddest..”

Carrie, January 23rd, 2013

Meet the Angels's new drill sergent, freshly hired by Captain Blue:

Santa: "YOU CALL THAT FAST?!  RUDOLPH IS FASTER THAN YOU AND HE'S ARTHRITIC! GET A MOVE ON!"

Symphony Angel: "I'LL GET YOU FOR THIS, ADAM!"

Chris Bishop, January 28, 2013

 

 

 

 

 

 

CAPTAIN SCARLET MEETS RUDOLPH... AND THE REST OF THE GANG

(Montage by Chris Bishop, December 2009)

 

"Captain Scarlet, Spect-- just a minute..."
*lowers radio cap*
"Lieutenant, are you SURE this is where I pick up SPV 1225?" ;-$

Mary J. Rudy, December 26, 2009

 

 

"Yes, I know you told me to requisition the first civilian craft I'll find to return to Cloudbase, Colonel, but I doubt Father Christmas'll will be happy if I steal his vehicle... He's got a round to make..."
"...."
"No, Sir... there's WASN'T any strong alcohol in that eggnog I drank at the party!"

Chris Bishop, December 26, 2009

 

 

"I have come in contact with Santa's sled and have confirmed Santa Claus is not on board... I believe it to be in the hands of the Mysterons!"

Chrisofedf, January 10, 2010

 

 

"I've really got to do something about this dandruff."

Cwissy, January 12, 2010

 

Spectrum wasn't the only outfit to use colour-coded operatives.

Carrie, January 13, 2010

"What you mean Santa's under the SSC?! I thought you guys were supposed to mow him down?! Stupid mysteron reindeer..."

RoverGirl, January 14, 2010

 
ADDITIONAL CAPTION:

Rudolph, Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Blitzen, and Donder… Or was it Donder then Blitzen?

MMK, January 26, 2013

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A GESTURE OF GOOD WILL BETWEEN SPECTRUM AND THE MYSTERONS

(Montage by Hazel Köhler, December 2006

Slightly modified by Lezli Farrington for the Captions Game)

"Colonel White, the Mysterons insist that their orders will be carried out and that Blue and I must have a very merry Christmas - at gunpoint if necessary!"

Marion Woods, December 1rst 2012

"ARRRGH! WE'RE SHRINKING!"

Cwissy, December 4, 2012

"No sir, I think we're safe. Captain Black appears to have consumed a three foot tall bottle of Jack Daniels already. He won't be any trouble."

Captain Indigo, December 4, 2012

"Hello, Spectramart? The alcohol has been delivered… but we also need an adjustable wrench to unscrew the bottles."

Elentari, December 5, 2012

"Me, shur? Drunk, shur? Nooooooooo...... Cap'n Blue 'n' Cap'n Blacky Black Black Black def'nitly din' dare me to drink the whole bottle..."

Captain Indigo, December 5, 2012

 
ADDITIONAL CAPTIONS:

Blue: “Scarlet, I’m going to destroy that Minimizer with my bare hands, first Christmas, and now New Year, it’s getting lame…”

Carrie 23rd January 2013

Captain Black’s New Year celebrations could get underway now that he’d taken control of the only glass….

Carrie 23rd January 2013

“CAPTAIN BLACK, THIS IS THE VOICE OF THE MYSTERONS, WE KNOW YOU HAVE BEEN MISUSING THE POWERS OF REPLICATING MATTER. FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE PARTY, YOU WILL REFILL YOUR GLASS BY HAND...”

MMK, January 26, 2013

Colonel White ordered his agents to only drink one glass... He didn’t say they couldn’t refill it.

MMK, January 26, 2013

Black: "You will drink, or I'll kill you."

Scarlet: "Really, Black, the gun isn't necessary.  We'll drink with you.  Right, Blue?  Blue?"

Blue (singing in a slurred voice): "Ninety-nine bottles of beer on the wall, Ninety-nine bottles of beer..."

Scarlet: "What, you ALREADY drank all that bottle of Jack Daniels?!"

Chris Bishop, January 28, 2013.

 

 

 

 

 

RIDE OVER CLOUDBASE

(Montage by Chris Bishop, December 2008)

Colonel White: "Behave yourself, Lieutenant Green! I don't know what you could have seen in the moonlight tonight, but it can't be Santa Claus!"

Chris Bishop, December 23, 2012

"Ochre, we told you to be good - Father Christmas has just bypassed us completely!"

Captain indigo, December 24, 2012

Doctor Fawn radioed Colonel White: "Colonel, you really must not give Captain Magenta so much radar duty; not content with seeing Mysteron spaceships, he's now seen flying reindeer... and is still trying to count them!"

Marion Woods, December 26, 2012

 
ADDITIONAL CAPTIONS:

Colonel White: “No, Santa, you may NOT use Cloudbase for a quick pit stop…!”

Carrie, January 23rd 2013

Ochre: "Look, it’s Santa and his reindeer!"
Blue: "You’re right!"
White: "Lieutenant, have there been any more ‘gifts’ of champagne from unknown sources, recently?"

MMK, January 26, 2013

 

 

 

 

 

BACK TO FAN FICTION PAGE

FAN FICTION CHRISTMAS PAGE

“FAN FICTION ARCHIVES” PAGE 

VISIT THE SPECTRUM HEADQUARTERS FORUM

Any comments? Send an E-MAIL to the SPECTRUM HEADQUARTERS site